Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Previous projects...

This is a wood box I painted and sponged with
Delta Ceramcoat acrylics in Burnt Umber,
Raw Sienna, and Autumn Brown. I drew the swirls
designs in Krylon 18k Leafing Pen, inspired by the
artwork of the HBO series 'Carnivale'. I lined the inside
with a dark brown felt, and sealed the work with
several lights coats of Krylon Kamar Varnish.


Another box from the 'Carnivale' series, paper mache,
painted and sponged with Delta Ceramcoat acrylics in
Burnt Umber, Raw Sienna, and Autumn Brown. I drew
the swirl designs in Krylon 18k Leafing Pen. It was lined
with a dark brown felt and sealed with several light coats
of Krylon Kamar Varnish.


A small wood box from the 'Carnivale' series. This box
incorporated the use of biting my lower lip while making
a weird face, Staedtler ergo soft watercolor
pencils, water, and Krylon 18k Gold Leafing Pen.
It was then lined with a cream colored felt and sealed
with Krylon Kamar Varnish.


A soapstone box I carved with a dremel tool. The lid
design was inspired by the PSX Botanical Calla Lily
Stamp, the sides were carved free form with an art deco
Calla Lily of my design.


The acrylic beads were strung and hand sewn onto this
$5.99 Walmart lampshade.
Dark Red Bead mix= $6.99
Decorating my living room in faux
Nevada brothel? Priceless.

No comments: