Thursday, November 22, 2007

Experiments and Gratitude

Hello!
Lately, I've been playing with UTEE, and testing various papers with the alcohol ink painting and tinting as explained in my previous posts. To my joy, I was successful at recreating my very own Czech Dragonfly buttons, using Suze Weinberg's Mold-N-Pour, and Utee products! I will definitely be getting pictures of those up soon.

On other projects, I had absolutely no luck using printed transparencies in my Nauti process, (please refer to recent previous entries) but I of course have not given up on them as a potential crafting medium! Perhaps, I could cut out various shapes of transparency, use some stazon and my favorite stamp, then pour clear or lightly colored utee on it. I wonder what temperature these transparencies can withstand? If they are laser printer safe, then they should be fairly heat resistant. Worth a try anyway, and I could get more shapes than just the squares or rectangles of microscope slides and memory glass... (cogs are turning)...

Oh, if only I weren't too tired to go play with that idea!

I have a tin purse nearing completion, that I used Tim Holtz/Adirondack Alcohol Inks on, and all I can say so far is, "WOW". I'm trying not to hold my breath on this one, because I want to take my time to get it just right. But I'm excited at the pattern and intensity of the ink alone, as even without the beautiful copper heat embossing it is simply gorgeous.

Before I go, I'd like to give a HUGE Thank You to Suze Weinberg, for mentioning my blog in her current newsletter! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it, but you've definitely made my year, Suze! I called my mom, and everyone else I knew to tell them who noticed my blog!! I'm thankful for art, for crafting, and I appreciate the quality products Ranger produces to help us express ourselves. Furthermore, I appreciate your artistry and inspiration Suze. You have no idea how much art, and your influence has effected and helped me on a very personal level.

I'd also like to express gratitude for Jan, of Red Rubber Paper and Ink. Her kindness, enthusiasm and inspiration has been, and continues to be a wonderful gift. (Thank you!)

And finally, thank you to all the wonderful artists who frequent RangerInkLink. What a truly gifted and talented lot you are!

A very warm and Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

No comments: