Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Merry Chrismoose and Longfellow

I used Ranger Distress Inks applied with a felt applicator,
in colors of Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Tea Dye.
I used the Distress Inks for all the stamping too.
The paper is 'Neutral' cardstock by paperbilities.
The Longfellow stamp and snowflake stamp is from the Stampin' Up
set "Nature's Secrets". The lines on the front right was hand drawn
with Staedlter watercolor pencils, and was embellished just off center
with a sheer dark sage ribbon. The snowflakes on the dark
background were stamped with VersaMark and have
Bronze Pearl-Ex rubbed into it. Unfortunately, the scan
does not bring out the color of the Pearl Ex.
The inside sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts.

My 'Merry Chrismoose' was a really fun project I did last year.
I made this card 'book' style. I used burgundy and hunter green
corrugated paper, mulberry paper with grass in it, and
'Neutral' card stock from Paperbilities. I used dimensional
foam under the snout, Root Beer buttons by Lasting Impressions
for the eyes and embellishment,
'Jive Alphabet' by Stamp Craft, 'Greeting of the Season' by
Anna Griffin, vellum paper and Evergreen Versacolor Ink.
The ribbon is doubled sided 'chocolate and strawberry'.
The oval dies used for the head and lower jaw are from Fiskars,
while the ears, antlers, eyes, snout and nostrils were fashioned freehand.
At the time I made these, I really didn't have much to work with,
but I was very happy with the results none the less. Some of the people
I gave them to actually framed them!

No comments: