Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nautilus framed and Peas!


I covered a 10" x 10" artist canvas with Moda Marble Grey fabric, using furniture tacks and a small craft hammer to secure the fabric to the wood frame. (the Making Memories tool set hammer is just right!) I then cut a piece of transparency about a 1/4 inch larger than the 6"x6" AI Nautilus. The transparency is to protect the art, without the weight of glass. I lined up the AI art and transparency, and poked a hole in each corner. Then I attached the art to the canvas using light grey brads that matched my fabric. I wanted to steer clear of using glue to attach it, since I did not want any discoloration to show through any of the layers. I then selected various fibers from a set by Hand-Dyed Hobbies called 'Quince'. I used Elmers' glue on my fibers, using sewing pins to secure where necessary until it dried, and using just enough fiber to wrap around the art, the front, and sides of the canvas. Sea shell slices were also used to embellish. I attached a hanging wire to the back, then covered the tacks and fabric on the backside with black felt and Elmers' glue. This piece is just amazing!!


This is a set of glass pearls in Sage,
wrapped with wire to resemble pea pods.

A close up of the earrings, which are both the same length.
Because of the way they were hanging, and the fact they have
a slight bend in their design, it looks uneven here.
(I double checked!) They are approximately 2" long, from
the top of the ear wire to the bottom of the pod.


This is the pretty pendant to match those earrings,
with glass pearls that are larger than those used in the earrings.
It is 2" long, and hangs on an easily adjustable 21" silver figaro chain
with a lobster clasp.

5 comments:

Monica Sandström said...

Absolutely amazing!
It is so beautiful!

AnachroCat said...

Thank you very much! :D

tutu lady said...

Wow! what a fabulous blog. You're just full of beautiful images and Ideas. Thank you for your experimentation and beautiful results. I especially like the Nauti and the sweet peas. You are so kind to share with us. Mahalo!

AnachroCat said...

Thank you very much for enjoying my blog, Lady! I appreciate your feedback!!

Shirley said...

Very creative and what an imagination!