Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pea Pods, Pearls, and Copper


The necklace above, "Copper Asymmeter" was made with antiqued copper figaro chain,
freshwater pearls and moss agate. The drape of this necklace is absolutely gorgeous, but I lack a proper display to show off the intended asymmetrical positioning of the necklace.


The necklace and earrings above are almond colored glass pearls wrapped in
silver wire to resemble pea pods. These things are truly beautiful in person!
I call this color scheme "snow pea".

In the earrings above, I used silver beads, glass pearls, purple twisted glass bugle beads,
and 8mm AB Swarovski crystals hung from a Victorian scroll finding.

This box, "Retrohex", has been one of my favorites, as it was fun to design
and turned out gorgeous!
I used Delta Ceramcoat acrylic in 'Chocolate Cherry' on a
hexagonal paperboard drum box. I made the polyblend bow and stitched
it together by hand, and affixed it to the lid with mauve, tea rose,
baby's breath and green silk flowers.
The bead work on the sides include gold beads, yellow acrylic AB finish beads,
and amethyst glass beads strung on copper wire and affixed to 6 panels
around the box.

No comments: