Sunday, December 16, 2007

inky inky 4x4, hanging on the kitchen door...


I've been making gifts for people. I know the people these are going to are of religious persuasion, so I figured I'd make something to help them celebrate their beliefs.

These are 4x4" ceramic tiles I bought from Home Depot, in 'Almond' color. I colored them with Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks, then stamped and heat embossed them in silver. I trimmed them with plumbers' foil tape I also purchased from home depot. I'm making wire frames for them, that will be twisted into scroll work and embellished with Czech fire polished beads in complimentary colors. I made 4 of this design, (the other 2 are in speckled pinks and striped purples.) I'm making about 10 of these tiles, 6 of which will have various stamps and embossing colors.

I have also been playing with my Utee, so I'm going to post my Utee experiments next! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Karenladd said...

These tiles are just beautiful! I just discovered your blog and am blown away by the amazing 3-D work you do! This project is motivating me to open up my alcohol and finally try them out! Thanks for posting.........your recipients will be thrilled