Friday, December 21, 2007

What goes around...

This month, I happened upon a couple of complete strangers who could use some cheering up, or at the very least some friendly support. So I made cards for them, and sent them out yesterday.
This one was to the lady I initially met:

The outside says, "Adopt the pace of nature;
her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"
Inside, I wrote, "I hope this card gives you an
excuse to smile and take a deep breath."
I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in 'Vintage Photo',
'Walnut Stain', and 'Antiqued Linen'. I also used
Stazon ink in 'Timber Brown'. Embellishments
were 'antiqued' with Adirondack Acrylic in 'Eggplant'.
Ranger Stickles in 'Icicle' were used to decorate
the flower and flourishes. Stamps are 'Natures Secret'
by Stampin' Up, and flourishes by Hero Arts.

This card I made for her best friend, who was
recently diagnosed with breast cancer:
It was made in much the same manner as the first.


Inside, the quote by Richard Bach, says,
"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
the master calls a butterfly."
And I wrote,
"You don't know me, but that's ok.
I know you've recently been diagnosed with
breast cancer. I'm so sorry.
Even though I am a complete stranger,
I wanted to do something that might
lift your spirits during this possibly
scary and difficult time, so I made this card for you.
And even though I'm not Christian,
I asked my Christian friends to pray for you.
I hope you get well again."

I hope they get a smile and good feeling
when they get these, like I did while making them.

3 comments:

ScrappyPam said...

Beautiful cards and what a thoughtful thing to do!

Shirley said...

This is so vintage beautiful! TFS

Rhonda C. said...

Love your cards and such a thoughtful thing to do.