Monday, December 17, 2007

Mechanical Aeshnidae

As I've been saying for a while, I've been playing with UTEE (Suze Weinberg's Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). While I've made a handful of buttons and embellishments, this is my first piece of art incorporating a creation made with UTEE:
I made a mold of a Czech glass dragonfly button, with Suze Weinberg's Mold n Pour. I used Suze Weinberg's To Dye For solvent ink dyes in blue and green to get the beautiful teal color in my otherwise clear utee. I also mixed a little embossing powder called 'Psychedelic' to get a rich sparkly blue effect in the button. I used Krylon gold leafing pen to color the dragonfly, and rim the button. I used Loctite Super Glue Gel to adhere it to a 1-1/2" fender washer treated with Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Rust, Espresso and Butterscotch. Surrounding the button, are copper ox findings, star lock washers in various sizes also treated with Alcohol Inks, aluminum Metal Mesh also treated with Alcohol Inks and Krylon gold leafing pen, and large brass ox findings on a 4x4" black ceramic tile.

Here is a close up of the 'button':

2 comments:

ScrappyPam said...

Beautiful!

Shirley said...

Another just gorgeous piece of artwork! Love it.